My papa at his 90th birthday party last February.
Sunday, June 19, 2011
My Papa
Death, a scary thing. Here today and gone tomorrow. This day makes me really think about not having any regrets. Pick up the phone and make that call, send that letter, tell them you love them. I know I'm not the first person to feel this way and I know it happens all the time. My papa was one of my favorite people as a child, he was my play-mate. A wonderful man who loved me endlessly and then my children. Unfortunately, it was hard to get to Colorado to visit as much as I would have liked and with three kids it was hard to sit and chat on the phone like we use to. Last week I had this strong feeling that I needed to sit down and write him a letter, today I'm so thankful that I did it and sent it. Papa called me to tell me how much it meant to him and I was walking out the door and thought "I don't have time for this call", I didn't take it. Today I regret not taking the time to chat with him. I love my papa and know he is with his siblings and people he cared about in a magical place. I will miss you papa.
My papa at his 90th birthday party last February.
My papa at his 90th birthday party last February.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment