I have been holding out on this rant but I can't take it anymore!
Not that most people would notice but the "Big BOX" stores really are putting the "Little Guys" out of business. I realize it is tough time and these great small designers need to make a buck too but where is the loyalty! Let me back up...the reason I opened my children's boutique was for those who liked unique luxury items for their children and to buy gifts for others. I am up in arms now that my business has shut down and I would say 80% of my "unique" vendors are now available in those "big box" store. I am a person of loyalty and just don't understand and I don't understand the people who don't support their local businesses.
As the great Alan Jackson says in his song "Little Man"
" Now the stores are lined up in a concrete strip. You can buy the whole
world in just one trip and save a penny 'cause it's jumbo size.
They don't even realize they are killing the little man.
Oh, the little man.
Long live the little man
God bless the little man"
This song always reminded me of my dad when his business was hurt by the Home Depots and large home stores but now it's a daily reality. What a shame to all small business owners who bust their asses.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment